How to cast concrete in folded paper forms
What you will need:
- Heavy paper stock (such as photo paper)
- Pre-mixed concrete (the finer the aggregate, the better)
- Scissors or an X-acto blade
How to make it:
- Download a foldable form or make your own using Pepakura Designer.
- Cut out your form and tape it together, making sure to leave a hole at the top for filling it with the concrete mixture.
- In a disposable cup, add enough concrete mix to fill your form and then slowly mix with water until it reaches the consistency of a milkshake.
- Pour concrete mixture into the paper form.
- If possible, seal and tape your paper form closed (concrete does not require exposure to air in order to cure).
- Let concrete cure for recommended time suggested by the manufacturer.
- Open up the form and remove your concrete sculpture!
- Finish edges with a coarse file and wet sand to desired smoothness.
- If desired, seal with lacquer or clear nail polish.
Join us on February 4th at 6pm for Makeshift
We'll be making these, and several other exciting concrete projects. Details here.